Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Annual Memorial Day Weekend Pig Roast.

Nothing says honoring the nation's fallen like a giant roasted pig. This Memorial Day weekend we headed up into the mountains to pay our respects.



To the pig.


Berlin was a good sport about the whole thing. I was surprised. I thought the whole ordeal would be a bit more traumatic for her. As it turned out, I was the one who couldn't stand to eat directly from the carcass. But I wasn't the only one with a sour stomach for the concept. Check out the kid in the background of this image. He clearly did not sign up for this.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That is so not cool! Whose crazy idea was that? Hats off to Berlin for not freaking out, because that is pretty freaky if you ask me.

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Connie said...

the post office is doing that for their summer party and we just talked about this yesterday, i told my husband i could never stomach eating off a pig carcass, thank you for the photos that only confirmed that!!!

8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Grandma Reenie said...

I hate to say it, but that looks gross. I'm with Berlin! Stay away!

5:46 PM

 
Blogger #4's said...

I didn't think that anyone in America actually did that! I saw it in the Philippines on a regular basis....except there they ate the WHOLE thing...even the ears!

7:17 PM

 
Anonymous Jamie Brooks said...

Living in the South, I have seen my share of pig roasts. For some reason the visual of Berlin's adorable smiling face in front of the pig both was disturbing and hilarious at the same time. I hope she doesn't need therapy. I can see these photos coming back to haunt her - LOL.

7:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home