Friday, August 10, 2007

This week, I saw the soundtrack of my life.

All thanks to a little trio known as RUSH! I can still remember the day I first heard them. I was in the 6th grade. My brother let me listen to a copy of 2112. It blew my mind. The music woke something inside of me. And ever since, I've been a fan. Their chronology of records have become the soundtrack for my life. No band has ever had as much of an impact on me than them. I mean, every kid dreams of being a lead guitarist or a singer or even a drummer in a band. But me, I wanted to be Geddy Lee, so I played bass. But, throughout all my years of being a fan, I was never able to see them live. Idaho rarely makes it on anyone's tour list. But Denver, Colorado sure does.

This week, I drove up into the mountains to, perhaps the most amazing music venue in the world, Redrocks Amphitheater.



And along with 10,000 other crazy fans had the night of my life. Unfortunately, my cell phone doesn't have a camera on it so I couldn't get any pictures. Fortunately, there's flickr, so here are some pictures of the show from other people.







8 Comments:

Blogger +spencer+ said...

i'd hate to be the roadie that has to set up that drum kit.

10:14 AM

 
Blogger Brijan said...

how can they play when there's all that sweet rotisserie cooking? i know rush was the highlight for you steve but that chicken is looking prr-it-ty good!

11:56 PM

 
Blogger C. Jane Kendrick said...

You've made me ponder "what is the soundtrack of my life?

Also, did they play "Chocolate Rain?"

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Stevesie:

Hey man, glad you were able to finally see them. Rush has been my favorite band since I was about 11. I've seen them a few times and they always rock the houseā€¦or rocks, as it were.

3:42 PM

 
Blogger ~j. said...

I can't think of a better venue at which to see such a personally influential band (for you -- not me). Yay!

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Kennell's said...

Canadians 'IS" COOL!!!!

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Spinch said...

I saw them when they played Usana back in Utah-- it was definitely a great show.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Benzo said...

Canada is a fine hat for America...

Rush is the band to see live. Every time I see another band and for some magical studio reason they seem unable to duplicate the coolness of their album... but not Rush. The deliver the goods time and time again.

I'm glad you saw this show Stevie-boy... b-sides galore. I was in heaven. Neil outdid himself again in solo land... everyone should see him perform once in their life. True musicians that seem to my eye to come alive on stage. I had a gut feeling that the Snakes & Arrows songs would be stunning live and I was not disappointed.

Soundtrack to your life... couldn't say it better myself. Can't listen to Power Windows without being on the Autobahn, the Louvre, and the British Museum. Permanent Waves and I'm trying to let my scabs from skating empty pools heal before Rector came up with the essential gear. Oh man I digress...

You know we're havin' good days
And we hope they're gonna last
Our future still looks brighter than our past
We feel no need to worry
No reason to be sad
Our mem'ries remind us
Maybe road life's not so bad


Here's to 3 50+ year olds doing what they love and sharing it after every album. Kompai!

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home