Sunday, March 30, 2008

She's just trying to help, right?

Many of you know my better half, Hailey. And many of you know subtly is not her forte. In fact, I'm not even 100% sure she even knows what the word means. To illustrate this point, let's go back to last night shall we?

After putting the kids to bed I came downstairs to join Hailey for a little Comcast OnDemand movie action. As I'm standing in the living room fiddling with the remote a quiet question comes from over on the couch.

HAILEY: Can I say something and you won't get mad?

Before I could respond...

HAILEY: You look like you're three months pregnant.

Gee, thanks.

And while I'm being thankful, I'd like to thank you for the pack of Rogaine you got me for Christmas that one year. Also, the nose hair trimmer for my birthday was a nice touch. And yes, yes, yes...the diet officially starts today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Not that I'm really an advocate of my diet (the jaw wired shut liquid diet) but I've lost 21 lbs in three weeks!

Truth be told, I'm not sure it's worth it.

7:12 PM

 
Blogger Kennell's said...

I am pissing my pants! That's our good 'ol Hailers!!!! We can start the diet together...she still has yet to send me my hardcore workout plan.....

6:26 AM

 
Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

Can you imagine if that conversation had the roles reversed?

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Hailey Happens said...

I wasn't meaning it that way, well, it was a JOKE!! HE was eating like his 3rd helping of Ice Cream. All I was trying to say, was that he can't eat like he used to when he was a thin mint!!

9:01 AM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Nice try, Hailey.

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home