Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Steve Happens and I approve this message.

I have to be honest here folks. I'm over all the political campaigning. I don't know if it's the fact that I can't go four minutes without seeing a political commercial or if it's the fact that the commercials are all saying the exact thing - "The person I'm running against is totally lame."

Now, I've never been interested in politics. In fact, I've only voted once in my life. And it was because Hailey made me. I also realize that voting is my civic duty and that I should probably do so. So, I am voting this year. But the last thing I want to do is get to punchin' out chads without having any real education or opinion behind said chad punchin'.

And the TV commercials aren't helping. They all sound exactly alike and say the same things. Everyone is bad. Everyone voted for bad stuff 93 times in a row. Everyone hates the middle class. Everyone will punch your kids in the face. Everyone wears ugly Christmas sweaters. On and on and on. So I'm basically left with the choice to only vote for bad people who make bad decisions and will ultimately crush my dreams. In a really bad way probably.

Well, I'll tell you what. I'm going to rise above all the mud slinging, the scandalmongering, the bad-mouthing and the you're a stinky doo doo head'ing. I'm going to base my entire presidential vote on the following three pieces of communication.





3 Comments:

Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

I'm voting for the obscure bartender. The ricochet off the fence sealed the deal for me.

10:22 PM

 
Blogger +spencer+ said...

so you're saying you're going to vote for rick astley?

not a bad choice my friend.

10:26 PM

 
Blogger Life::Love said...

yes! we should rick roll the entire country. maybe that would stop the madness.

9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home