Wednesday, September 10, 2008

There goes my hero.

Anybody who knows me knows I am a pretty darn huge fan of Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters. Last night I was very fortunate to be able to see them perform for over two hours at the infamous Red Rocks Amphitheater courtesy of my older brother hooking me up with VIP tix for my birthday.

Poor Hailey was supposed to attend the show with me but at the last minute we had babysitter issues and weren't able to find a sitter. Fortunately, I was able to find some people I knew at the show.

After the rock had subsided, I got to go backstage and hang out with the band.

Yes, that was supposed to be Hailey on the other side.

Dave is a pretty funny guy.

This is where he told me that he thought the "bald look" was pretty cool and that he was considering. Dude, what? That's like riding a wheelchair for the fun of it!

As an added bonus I was also able to meet a true legend - Mr. Jake Burton.

It was an epic night indeed.

9 Comments:

Blogger Emily Frame said...

russ would be so jealous if he knew this. did you know we went to a foo fighters/weezer/hothotheat concert for our honeymoon?

yeah, i know.

9:09 PM

 
Blogger +spencer+ said...

if only all of HRS were there...um, and had opened the show.

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

Poor Hailey! I bet she was super bummed. How cool to see those guys at Red Rocks AND go backstage. Totally awesome. Dave looks like he's getting a little pudgy, but as long as he can still rock...

8:23 AM

 
Blogger #4's said...

why didn't you stay home with the kids and let Hailey go??? :)

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Hailey Happens said...

I am sooo sad :(

11:37 AM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Rare are the times that I put my needs in front of Hailey's (at least I hope it's rare). But this was one of those times where, well, let's just say there wasn't a dang thing on earth that was gonna keep me from this. Bless her black and blue heart.

;)

1:59 PM

 
Blogger The Gibsons said...

EPIC!

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

That's awesome, dude. Dave G is one of the few celebs I would love to hang out with.

9:43 AM

 
Blogger M and P said...

see........Joe does come through

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home