Saturday, February 04, 2006

Do two Steves make a right?

According to one individual, they do. This morning I logged onto my myspace account only to find an e-mail message/friend request from a guy named Steve. In his message to me he claimed that we have a lot in common, including our names. Because of these similarities, it would be a crime against humanity if I didn't accept his e-friendship via myspace and begin a soulmate journey that would expand beyond the depths of time. While I don't intend to play hard-to-get here, I just can't help but question these claims of common ground.

First of all, my myspace profile doesn't even mention any of my interests, hobbies, etc. It does state that I work in Advertising. Meanwhile, his profile is also sans any relevant information. It does say he majored in Criminal Justice. So, I guess the only ballpark for similarities would be our physical appearance.



What do you say? Do two Steves make a right? Should I accept his request for e-friendship? Advise me, oh wise and wonderful bloggers. I've never felt so confused and lost in my life.

9 Comments:

Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

Steve, BE AWARE. Did you not see the Dateline special last night: "Online Predators III"? He wants to molest you. According to Stone Phillips, MySpace is rancid with these pervs. I'm suddenly worried about H and and B's safety.

10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks exactly like you. I say deny that request because he could be your clone on a mission to destroy you.

10:10 AM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Oh James. Look at the guy. He's perfectly harmless. There is absolutely no way he lurks myspace all day long in hopes of finding happily married men who he can trick into escapades of man seduction.

Wait.


Crap.

10:13 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

Only if you can undo upon further review. Heck, show him your cigar picture. Then you'll know his true motives.

2:19 PM

 
Blogger JC said...

Or maybe he saw your Hasselhoff gif. Maybe that's what you have in common. Uh-oh...

2:20 PM

 
Blogger +spencer+ said...

did he ask if you wanted to go see Brokeback Mountain with him?

9:01 PM

 
Blogger wendysue said...

Was that really the picture he CHOSE to put on his profile? Hmm. Interesting. I think it was the SUIT that brought him in.

2:25 PM

 
Blogger kacy faulconer said...

How do you know he's not you?

9:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this too....maybe if you marry the guy, he can FINALLY get his visa.

9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home