Tuesday, June 06, 2006

If you would have asked me about starting a brain farm last week, I would have had my doubts.

But now that I'm heavily invested in the project, I'm fully confident I'll reap its rewards. You see, a few weeks ago, the idea came to me not unlike a boiling ball to the groin - Start a brain farm! From that moment on, my life hasn't been the same. I quickly utilized the help of a fellow co-worker to locate and purchase ten "Amazing Growing Brains" off the interweb homepage siteway.

I patiently waited.

Yesterday, they arrived. Observing the printed instructions, I quickly filled a large container full of Luke-warm water. To be fair, it was more of a Travis-warm than a Luke, but I believe if you can't insert your own sense of originality in everything you do, you shouldn't even do it. I then placed said bowl of Travis-warm water on the window sill, where my soon-to-be brainlets could receive adequate nutriments from the sun.



I then proceeded to lovingly place each brainlet in the bowl. Instantly, I felt connected. There they rested. So small. So innocent. So full of potential. So full of life. This world is nothing but a gigantic canvas of opportunity for them. I'm proud to have started them on their journey.



It is with great pleasure that I introduce you to my new family. Please take a moment and familiarize yourself with each of them. I'm confident you'll discover they all have their own personalities and talents, and that great joy can result from their rapport.

This is going to be beautiful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait...you can name 10 brains, but not the one child you have on the way?

12:39 PM

 
Blogger La Yen said...

I gave my mother a jello mold shaped like a brain for her birthday, but this is much more personal. Do they reproduce? Are they like hamsters--cute at first but then stinky and spending ALL NIGHT on that stinking wheel? Because that would make it a bad investment.

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Carina said...

Tell Trev I said "Hi."

2:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home