Thursday, May 18, 2006

I have a confession.


I've never missed an episode of The OC.




(awkard pause)




Man, that felt good.

Speaking of, tonight is the season finale. As I was driving into work this morning I heard a radio promo suggest that, "tonight, someone will die!" Holy crap! This is serious. They mean business! Who could it be? I began cataloging the cast in my mind, sifting out the dispensable. Then it hit me like a whiffle bat to the groin. It'll be the loser surfer guy that Marissa is all hot on. He's nothing but trouble and Marissa has potential. She's just confused and doesn't know what she wants. She was a lesbian for a few weeks but that didn't stick. How is this any different? She'll pioneer through this. I just know she will. She's a trooper. A quasi-lesbian, almost-alcoholic, nearly teen-runaway trooper. Go get 'em Marissa! Tonight, I'm all yours.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually the polar opposite... I've never made it through an entire commercial block (or more accurately, the moments of the show between those fascinating and informative commercials). But due to my knowledge of the hollywood grapevine, I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the main girls, because momma ain't happy with her contract and wants out to persue other options, including bitch slapping Tara Reid. I have this on the good authority of heresay and conjecture.

2:55 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Interesting theory. Let's see if it holds up.

7:14 PM

 
Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

You and Hailey need cable. Then you can watch more trash - like Laguna Beach.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Bek said...

Steve....how did you like the finale? Did you see it coming?

8:27 AM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Well, I wasn't privy to the behind-the-scenes drama with Marissa (or whatever her real name is) wanting to leave the show. Had I known that, it would have been a no brainer. I'm actually glad she was the one to go. She's the weakest actor in the show. I guess she wants to quite The OC to pursue a larger motion picture career. Good luck. Besides, now that she's out of the picture, Ryan and Surfer Boy can settle it. And we all know Ryan will beat him about the head, neck, breast, and chest region.

9:54 AM

 
Blogger Carina said...

Ok, I have to confess...

I've only missed two episodes (When Marissa got loaded in Mexico and this season's Valentine's Episode.)

I bet that they'll find a way to bring her back in a couple years after she's Shelley Long'd it for enough time.

p.s. Awesome Oliver reference in that epi.

8:35 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Totally. Ryan is so hot.


Wait.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Carina said...

I think you mean that it stopped being as ridiculous as it could have been. Let's be honest, could they top season one? Not likely. They've been trying to reach that level of intensity ever since.

10:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home