Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Just moments ago, I was sitting at my desk minding my own when suddenly I heard the friendly ding sound of my computer alerting me of a new e-mail. Lower mortgage payments? Lonely girls who can't afford clothing? Increased length and girth? What could it be?

Just a simple note.

The name of the sender was foreign to me, so I threw up my nets of skepticism and began reading. I noticed the sender's e-mail address was from a publishing company and all the recipients (except for me) were from a student newspaper at Northeastern College.

Hi gang,
I just wanted to write a quick note of congrats/good luck with the new News staff. The issue this week looks great – you should all be really proud. This is probably the last year where I’ll recognize the masthead, but I’m sure you’re training some more “best and brightest” to keep the years and years of tradition alive. I know that sounds sappier than Vermont, but I want you all to know I’m still an avid reader and I’m happy to see you all doing so well!

Steve, you were included because you’re so dang hott – that’s right, two Ts. And, you also managed to get the word “gist” into a lede.

T-bone – I’m going to be in NBPT this weekend, I’ll think of you if I pass by Amesbury or Salisbury, because that’s another kind of steak.

Take care,
Lauren Rouleau


Okay, so wait. While the names of the sender and all other recipients had no correlation to me, there was a specific call-out that did. It admitted to the possiblity that I might be confused by being included in such an innocuous bit of correspondence. So that part was true. It also admitted to me being so dang hott - that's right, two Ts. But how did I get included in this? I needed to make sense of this. I hit reply.

Hi. While I don't refute your claim of me being hot with two T's, I can't help but think you e-mailed the wrong Steve. This Steve lives in Salt Lake City, Utah.

I waited.

Suddenly, another "ding."

Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry! Have a good day none the less.

So the question still remains.

Am I hott with two T's or three?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With a do-rag, you'd be hot with seven t's. Think about it.

I'm thinking this lady has a secret crush on you, and the whole message is a cryptic confession burried in a fake email to a newspaper staff. She wants to see you in a do-rag.

12:20 PM

 
Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

Hot with two ts aside, what about "sappier than Vermont?" That is creativity. Can you use that as the Utah Travel and Tourism tagline?

1:09 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Ha ha. I was more impressed with her ability to invent words like, "Lede."

Additionally, she's got a friend named T-Bone. That's just awesome.

2:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3

10:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're Steve with one T.

10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it, live on the edge....3 T's.

4:23 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Ha ha. Well played.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Gus said...

that is an awesome email to get. way better than a wrong number or mistaken identity is the ability to have a full conversation with someone, and then realize they are not in fact THAT Steve.

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Julia said...

Friendly Word of Caution:

There's no way that Utah is sappier than Vermont. And you don't know what kind of WhoopA** you'd bring upon yourself if you tried to position it thus.

Trust me, leave that one aLONE!

6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home