Monday, July 17, 2006

My bout with potential obsessive-compulsive disorder continues.

The other day I came face to face with what could possibly be another nail in the coffin of my sanity. I was reading books to my daughter when it dawned on me that I couldn't maintain a desired level of emotional stability if the hardback book I was reading to her had a paper cover sleeve on it. In fact, I couldn't stand it. I jumped up and began removing the cover sleeves from all the books on her shelf. The disposal of which provided a calming sensation that enabled me to finish putting my daughter to bed.

Irregular behavior or perfectly acceptable disdain for the unnecessary?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carina said...

PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.


(Were we separated at birth?)

8:45 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Seriously though. What is the need for the cover anyway? The exact same artwork is on the actual hardcover. So why fumble with a cover?

9:31 PM

 
Blogger ~JR~ said...

I feed them to my baby. Or rather, he feeds them to himself...
The same can be said of th=at paper case they put DVDs in, you know, with the same artwork on it? I mean, can we BE any more redundant?

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home