Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Medella Breast Pump & Kids Jeep - $100.

So I'm in the market for one of those little kid jeeps for my daughter, Berlin, right? Problem is, I'm a total tightwad and the idea of spending upwards of $300 for one makes my backside pucker. So I decided to talk to my ol' trusty friend - craigslist. I did a quick search and found the following listing:

Medella Breast Pump & Jeep - $100.

Awesome breast pump. I paid $225 for it and only used it for 6 months. It is a double pump and if you are trying to increase your milk supply this works wonders. $100

Blue Jeep from Toys r US. Dad had to buy it! Paid over $200 new. $100.

Jessi; 801-XXX-6037


I thought to myself, "It probably would have been more effective to simply make two different posts for such different items, but hey, perhaps she was crunched for time and the thought of combining the two appealed to her." Interested in the lower price of only $100, I sent the following e-mail:

is the jeep still available? if so, what color is it? also, does it
still work well?


A day went by and I got the following short-but-to-the-point reply:

it's blue. it works well.

Feeling the need to gather more information before I made the trip over to see the item in person, I followed up with a series of sub questions:

Well, it's for a little girl, but I'm sure she won't really know the difference, right? Does it go very fast and how long does the battery usually last? I'm assuming it can be recharged by simply plugging it in, right? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to this.

At this point, I'm thinking to myself, "Hey, we're on a roll here. We're really making progress in this potential transaction of used goods and/or services." At this pace, that sucker is as good as already parked in my driveway. Then I got this reply:

it doesn't have batteries, it just plugs in. My little girl would only take the bottle that has the nipple that is larger and more simular to my breast so that helped her adjust. It goes pretty fast. I spent a lot of money on other pumps before i bought this one and this one is amazing.

Sideswiped!

What happened here? I thought we were really making some headway. Then, boom, like a blunt object to the temple, I find myself seeing stars in a flashback montage of confusion and sorrow. At some point, my new interweb friend, Jessi, abandoned the jeep and went straight for the breast pump. Was she hoping that I'd become disoriented as a result of her internet tomfoolery and purchase the breast pump and be none the wiser? Was she thinking that, although I didn't know it, my real intentions were for that of a breast pump and not a jeep? Did she just want an excuse to tell a complete stranger that the bottle was more "simular" to her nipple? Was she high on beer?

So many questions.

So few answers.

I just sent another e-mail explaining that while I'm sure her breast pump is great, I'm really just interested in the jeep.

Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

Beavis, you said "nipple."

2:35 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Hey James! Long time. Did you find a house in Boise?

3:02 PM

 
Blogger Carina said...

Speculuum and New Stuffed Pooh Bear: $15

8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home