Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I survived the night.

As you can see from the previous post (below), last night was a challenge for me. But I'm proud to report that the sun came up and I'm still standing. Sorta like Elton John. I'm looking like a true survivor. Even after all this time.

In approx. 45 minutes, I will embark on my journey to the hospital. Once there, I will most likely be placed in a gown that freely exposes my backside. I will then hopefully be given some drugs to send me to La La Land. I hope I wake up to a smorgasbord of delicious food and good news. Stay tuned for updates.

UPDATE: 6:39PM
I'm just now starting to feel somewhat normal. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to learn I'd be the happy recipient of not one, but two scopes. One from down there and the other from DOWN MY THROAT! What the? Needless to say it was anything but comfortable. And while I was sedated, I was definitely aware of what was going on.

But I'm proud to report I survived. They took several biopsies so I'll learn of anything major in the coming week. From the naked eye, the report showed a generally healthy colon. They did, however, find something.

But they told me it's pretty minor.

A lot of people have it and it's something I shouldn't worry about.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hailey Happens said...

you passed with flying colors!!! and survived!! yeah

1:17 PM

 
Blogger M and P said...

is it all over?...........piece of cake, right? I performed about 3000 of those, but only had it done once. I liked doing, better than getting..............

2:08 PM

 
Blogger +spencer+ said...

i'm not sure i get it, but that picture makes me uncomfortable, nonetheless.

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

ditto what Spencer said.

2:38 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

It's pretty simple. They found Burt Reynolds in my colon. That's pretty much it.

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Kennell's said...

That can't be good...

8:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home