Sunday, October 09, 2005

I've never been known for my masculinity, and tonight was no exception.

There are certain times in a man's life when it is acceptable to cry. Some of these occasions include the birth of his first child, the death of a loved one, or the amputation of his limbs without the aid of anesthesia. You'll notice watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition wasn't included in the list of sustainable times of snivel.

Tonight's edition featured a family from right here in Utah. I don't know why, but something about the humility of the family and the willingness of the neighbors caused me to choke up. (Just a little, mind you.)

ME: *Sniffle*

HAILEY: Steve?

ME: *Sniffle*

HAILEY: Are you...crying?

ME: What? *Sniffle* No way.

HAILEY: You are! You're crying over Extreme Makeover Home Edition!

ME: Whatever. *Wipes eyes* I have allergies.

HAILEY: Since when?

ME: Since forever.

HAILEY: You don't have allergies.

ME: Isn't there any monster truck racing or football or something on right now? Anything other than this wuss crap? Why don't you make me a turkey pot pie? I think I'm gonna go down to the Maverick and fight somebody in the face!

HAILEY: You're crying.

ME: I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

steve...thank you for this blog...it has given me a reason to wake up in the morning and face an otherwise meaningless existence.

10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been there...stupid families and their dying children.


Seriously I'm kidding

9:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home