Thursday, April 27, 2006

On more than one occasion, I have been accused of having OCD.

That's Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder for those of you who aren't down with the lingo casually tossed around most medical and psychological examination rooms. Apparently said disorder results in odd behavior, usually associated with organization. I guess some levels of OCD also result in some weird pervert witchery. Clearly, my level is quite low. Right? Crud.

Anyway, this morning I was filling up my car with gas and noticed something that could qualify me as having a minor case of OCD. See figure 1A.

Figure 1A



Whenever I fill up with gas, I absolutely must have the price rounded to the nearest tenth. Nine cents? No. Four cents? No. One cent? Impossible. So tell me, blog world, am I a basket case? Do I have OCD? Am I on a one-way train to the nuthouse?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah. No OCD for you! I, on the other hand, like to round to the nearest dollar with little regard to the overfill rule.

9:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i swear sometimes that you and tim are the same person!

7:38 AM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

We both suffer from male pattern baldness.

8:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have told you that you're nuts without even reading this post... :D

Probably just somewhat neurotic, not OCD. Unless everything else in your life must revolve around the number ten and you wash your car's tires after every drive.

9:16 AM

 
Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

I have seen your closet. It's like the display at Banana Republic. Color coordinated. Everything in it's place. And then we move on to H's closet and, well, not so much OCD in that corner...

2:06 PM

 
Blogger LuckyRedHen said...

I got here through C Jane and Formerly Phread...

I am the same... mine have to end with a multiple of 5. If I hit it on a quarter then it's like a bonus day.

Besides, that way I can tell if someone has stolen my card for gas.

I also try to keep my shirts color coordinated -- I chose each days wear based on my color mood.

Maybe you're my brother?

10:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home