Monday, November 03, 2008

Baby Goats and Poopy Boots.

Yes, that is the title of one of many songs I have recently penned for the kids, thanks to my newest little bundle of joy - a Taylor 414CE guitar.


How did I come about said guitar you ask? Well, let's just say the stars aligned in perfect formation. You see, brand new, this guitar is not in "the budge." And after three months of diligently searching craigslist and ebay for one at a price I could afford, I found one.

The price was ridiculously low, so obviously I was skeptical. I sent a message to the seller.

Turns out it was a gift she had given to her husband last year. Two weeks later, they were legally separated. As soon as their divorce was official, she posted his guitar on ebay. Much to my giddy and glee.

I watched the auction closely and when there was ten minutes left, I placed my bid. Suddenly, all the other ebayers came out with their dukes up. I've been outbidded! Oh yeah, take that! You are the high bidder! That's right, suckers. You have been outbidded! D'oh!

Five seconds left!

SUBMIT BID!

WOO HOO!

HAILEY: What's all the excitement about?

ME: I just won an auction for the guitar I've been looking for forever!

HAILEY: Cool, how much?

ME: (mumbling price under my breath)

HAILEY: WHAT?!!?

4 Comments:

Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

You think you scored, well, I got an XL dogloo dog house for $50. Beat that excitement!

2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems like a remember more than one trip to the Guitar Barn, or whatever it is called, in SLC and came away with a new item each time.......

7:00 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Ha, Guitar Barn. It was the Guitar Czar.

7:13 PM

 
Blogger Taylor Guitars said...

That reminds me of my recent bidding war on Ebay. Hopefully the guitar serves you well. Send me an email when you get a chance. Ryan (check profile)

12:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home