Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ask anyone with children and they'll tell you that a sudden decrease in house volume is usually cause for alarm.

Such was the case in my home this morning. In the midst of my morning preparation I noticed that I could no longer hear Berlin running around, screaming and causing a rukus. I quickly decided to investigate. What I discovered, commanded the only two words I could muster.

OH CRAP!



"Whoa, I've never seen Kama Sutra on Elmo's World!"

Apparently she found some kama sutra book that was given to us as a gag wedding gift over 5 years ago in some dusty ol' box under the bed. (I guess we should clean our house more often). She couldn't stop giggling and pointing at various anatomical points of interest. I quickly grabbed the book from her and returned it to its obscure hiding place, followed by a gentle verbal reprimand. Ovbiously, the little 19-month old was confused, but ran out of the room to play with her toys nonetheless.

Having had her eyes opened by partaking of the forbidden fruit, I can't help but wonder if Goodnight Moon will now be her second favorite book.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tovah Means said...

Hey I like your blog!! Good thing your baby wasn't older, that would have really traumatized her for life!!

8:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a book?

9:48 AM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Totally.

10:06 AM

 
Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

Two questions:
1. Does Mrs. Steve know you posted this?

2. What the heck do you need a book for?

2:49 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

1. Probably.

2. We don't need the book, I was being a smart arse. The book was a gag gift given to Hailey (probably from Jill) at her wedding shower. That's the reason it was tucked away under the bed in some dusty box along with all the other junk people put under their beds because they don't use it.

And don't knock the tantric potential of kama sutra until you've tried it.

3:10 PM

 
Blogger wendysue said...

I can hear it now. . ."Daddy? Booby book??"

5:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I think is funny is that you took the time to snap a picture.

9:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...gag wedding gift over 5 years ago in some dusty ol' box under the bed

Riiight... you know you love the reverse dangling lotus position (okay, so the real names escape me, but I'm sure as hell not looking them up at work). Ah memories... I recall finding my brother's "Joy of Sex" book when I was like 12 and thinking "jackpot."

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home