Monday, October 22, 2007

You know you're in LA when the following conversation with a cab driver takes place.

CAB DRIVER: "Where to?"

ME: "Viceroy Santa Monica, please."

CAB DRIVER: "Can do."

(Editor's note: There are two kinds of cab drivers. Those who want to talk to their passengers and those who don't. If it's the former, you can usually tell within 20 seconds of the cab drive. This driver was certainly the talk type. And talk he did.)

CAB DRIVER: "Where you coming from?"

ME: "Denver."

CAB DRIVER: "Ahh, I used to live in Denver."

ME: "Really?"

CAB DRIVER: "Yeah."

BEAT OF SILENCE.

CAB DRIVER: "Got myself a sexually transmitted disease in Denver."

(FREEZE IT. What in the world am I supposed to say to that?)

ME: (silence)

CAB DRIVER: "And I got it from a guy who was with the girl I was with a month earlier."

ME: (Silence)

CAB DRIVER: "I got a shot of penicillin though."

ME: (Silence)

CAB DRIVER: "I lived in Las Vegas too."

ME: (Silence)

CAB DRIVER: "I went to this place called the Green Door."

ME: (Silence)

CAB DRIVER: "I don't think it's a gay place. But you can be gay in it."

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

what the hell, you stayed silent? COME ON, THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST CONVERSATION EVER!!!

7:07 AM

 
Blogger Jenni said...

I would have bailed out....Disgusting. Hailey and I had an interesting experience with the good ole' LA cab drivers....

7:23 AM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Ha. Well, I was trying to write everything down as fast as I could on my blackberry so I got it all right. And even if I wanted to talk, the guy didn't give me much room to do so. As soon as he finished one story, BOOM, he was already onto the next.

8:28 AM

 
Blogger ~j. said...

"Like this here cab. Not necessarily a gay place, but hey! Who am I to say what can or can't happen in here, you know what I talking?"

9:33 AM

 
Blogger More Caffiene, Please said...

"Noah speakah Englase." Is what you say.

Or,

"Noah understande biah-sexualitia."

9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home