Sunday, November 04, 2007

We came. We cruised. We ate. We got sunburned. We played Bingo. We left.

I'm sitting in the Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting to board a flight back to LA. Hailey has already taken off on her flight back to Denver. Needless to say, we had an absolute ball on the cruise. It was a vacation that both of us sorely needed. The ship was a lot of fun. Sometimes, a little too much fun. Just ask the couple who were in the cabin next to us. Hello!



I've prepared a quick little photoset for you to check out HERE

Since this was my first cruise, I didn't really know what to expect. Now that I am seasoned to the ways of the "Fun Ship," I feel it is my duty to divulge a few of my learnings.

1. The Electric Slide slid out the door a good ten years ago. But nobody told the folks at Carnival.
2. You never win at Bingo. Never.
3. People who shouldn't show any skin, almost always do. And it's unfortunate.
4. No matter how many pictures you take of my wife and I posing in front of an artificial backdrop, I won't pay $10.99 for an 8x10.
5. Don't let your wife go to Diamonds International.
6. Sunscreen washes off quicker in salt water.
7. If you have to wear a novelty t-shirt with some crude saying on it to demonstrate that you have humor and personality, you probably have neither.
8. There is a topless deck on Carnival. Avoid it at all costs.
9. Free soft serve ice cream machines are awesome.
10. If you are going to Snuba, be prepared to be made fun of.
11. If you are going to try to get it on whilst on a secluded beach, first make sure it is, in fact, secluded.
12. Being a "friend of Bill W" doesn't mean you are gay. It means you are a recovering alcoholic.
13. Always remember to reapply sun screen.
14. You can't overdose on Benadryl for sunburn. At least I don't think so.
15. Yes, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake is as good as it sounds.
16. The folks at Carnival discontinued updating their music collection in 1992.

There are many more, but I'll leave it at that. Feel free to add some learnings of your own in the comments section. All in all, we couldn't have had a better time. Reality will be a little more tolerable until this wears off.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would recommend going with some best friends as well, that makes the trip even better!

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Cardine said...

My recommendation is to not cruise Carnival after going on a different cruiseline. You can never go back there again.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger +spencer+ said...

the 8x10 was actually about $22 or something!

maybe you'll be home just in time for hailey to peel large pieces of skin off of your back?

1:05 PM

 
Blogger : STEVE : said...

My back. And my face. And today I peeled a huge piece off my ear. I'm a wreck.

11:51 PM

 
Blogger +spencer+ said...

concerning #12:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend_of_Dorothy

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Hailey Happens said...

That is hilarious, Spencer!

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home